In March I worked for a few days on a chair as a design study, hoping I would find some interest in the future to build a few of them. Initially the chair components were welded together, but for shipping purposes I decided to change it to a bolted construction. Last week I was asked by a friend to build four chairs for his dining room after he visited the shop and saw the sample. He is a woodworker and will fabricate and supply the wooden seat and applied back, made from solid black walnut. I started cutting components for the first chair last Saturday, just to make sure everything fits and bolts together as planned. After a successful assembly, I cut parts of the other three chairs. Here are some images of the process! Enjoy!