I’ve been working hard to make some progress on the curved section of the wheelchair ramp, besides everything else thats happening at the shop! Here is the latest update after the last couple days working on it on and off!
Starting to weld all the top cross plates.
It’s a lot of welding!
Bottom edge done!
Finishing the top edge. I clamped this steel angle to the edge to keep it as straight as possible.
Top edge done after grinding!
Welding all the nuts into the bottom of the frame for the adjustable legs.
Making a couple pieces for the center levelers.
Here is one of them!
And another one!
All the levelers are in place! Ready to flip it over again!
I cut this template for the tread plates to see how much the frame has changed because of all the welding. Flush on the inside!
3/4″ overhang on the outside!
I made some adjustments and cut another template before cutting the actual tread plate.
Much better! Ready to start cutting!
Here are the first two tread plates after cutting.
I clamped them all in place to check spacing.
A closeup of the inside from the top down.
And from the bottom up. The holes for the bolts are already cut into the plates.
A picture from the outside.
And another one! I was happy with the spacing between the plates.
After marking the location of the holes, I used a step drill to get the right size hole for the flange nuts.
The flange nuts are TIG welded into the frame.
All done, and all plates bolted down!
Another closeup to show the spacing between the plates.
Done for today!